Battlezone HELP ... Please!

From: Steve Coule <steves-lists_at_dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Sat May 01 2004 - 19:30:40 EDT

I'm trying to sort out a Battlezone board and I'm stuck .. I've done the
"easy" bits like fixing the vector state machine and changing a duff DAC but
I'm completely stuck now.

It's definitely a PCB problem and it's definitely on the main board. The
text seems to be the problem but it could be that it just shows up more on
the text . take a look at the pics . any hints of where to look would be
great!

All the lines to the DACs have what look like good signals .. the X DAC is
new. It still looks like an X-axis problem though . the triangle of varying
brightness lines does not appear to be a triangle . the second line up seems
offset to the left! BIPs have been adjusted but don't correct text
problem.

http://www.apcs77.dsl.pipex.com/DSCN2006.JPG

http://www.apcs77.dsl.pipex.com/DSCN2005.JPG

Any help or hints gratefully received!!