Re: 10k potentiometer for Omega Race Spinner

From: mrp <mrp_at_sonic.net>
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 16:42:45 EDT

Are you sure you have a pot based controller?

Early OR's didn't use pots, but instead used an encoder wheel since that
provided a smoother action. The behavior you're describing sounds like
missing bit on the encoder wheel. The first thing is to see if the control
harness is firmly connected to the main PCB. When mine gets jumpy, that's
what has happened... and reseating the connector solves the problem.

After that, it's possible that contacts inside the wheel assembly might
be dirty or corroded. I don't know exacly how to fix that, but I imagine
it's in the technical manual.. which can be downloaded from the usual places.

  -- Mitch