Re: Cinematronics 2732 upgrade

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 18:57:56 EDT

I think some of you may have replied to this, but apparantly my mailserver bounced some mail back, so I probably didn't get to read the replies. (I fixed my mailserver problem by the way).

Anyway, I decided to actually compare my tailgunner board (Rev B) to the schematics of the most recent revision of the Cinematronics CPU. There were some modifications, but basically they both look the same to me as far as the rom configuration, except that pin 2 and 3 of J4 was modified in order to change the Address Mode. In other words, to use 2 roms instead of 4. I think pin 23 is different too.

Also, it looks like this should accept normal 2732 roms just fine, but only two at a time of course. The question might be the CE pin (18) and how it's enabled.

Soo... I guess my next question, how should the 4 roms be combined? U7+T7 and R7+P7?

The way I have them combined now - a picture comes up, but it's just scrambled lines. The board works correctly with the original roms installed. I tried the alternate set of sockets as well.

Any ideas?

(chirping crickets, blowing tumbleweeds)

Matt