Re: Asteroids Deluxe in an FPGA

From: <ehenciak_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Jun 25 2004 - 12:24:08 EDT

Yeah, I was bragging to you in private Tom :)!

I'd love to finish it, but work always gets in the way.....working in telecom right now is much like sacrificing your life for no greater good :)! Moreover, I am finishing up an MSEE part time which leaves me very little spare time. I simply want to move the hell out of Pittsburgh after all of this since there are little or no opportunities to find new, INTERESTING work!

The CCPU is rather easy to implelement thanks in big part to Zonn's reverse engineering ! It's just sitting down and doing it that's the hard part! Moreover, it'd fit into a dirt cheap Spartan II device ... you'd still need space for the code externally.

Does anyone have a program that'll shuffle the left and right ROMs into one nice file (preferably a nice ASCII file instead of binary)? Maybe I'll force myself to get some serious work done on this in the comming weeks....we really need this to preserve these CCPU based games....if we put the CCPU into an FPGA, it's useless to use that split-ROM method Cinematronics had to use.

Thanks!

Ed