Re: Asteroids Deluxe in an FPGA

From: Neil Bradley <nb_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Fri Jun 25 2004 - 23:17:19 EDT

> I don't know how much you guys are interested in emulation, but if
> you've ever worked on emulators you might appreciate how little emulator
> overhead this conversion has. I went to some effort to automatically
> remove redundant flag calculations. Use a good compiler

What would you define as "good compiler" on the x86 based CPUs?

> Much better than
> regular emulation, by a factor of 10.

I think you're exaggerating just a little, here. Maybe by a factor of 2-3,
but not *10*. Does the code currently run anything?

But it's still cool. ;-) I like the creative use of the case statement -
something I hadn't thought of. Also, there isn't any timing information in
there, either, and that's required (even for some of the vector games).

-->Neil