Re: Tempest, periodic ROM errors

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 11:23:27 EDT

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Adam Pletcher wrote:

> I have a Tempest that works nicely almost all the time. Every couple months
> it kicks up a ROM error. If I pull the ROM and re-seat it, it works again
> for another month or two, then complains about a different ROM.

I would clean all the rom pins and the sockets before replaceing sockets.
It's not 'hard' but there is the danger of damageing a trace.

I have this box of cleaning wipes my father brought home from the office,
they were used for cleaning an old tape drive. Great for cleaning contacts,
I have to see where to get more, I'm running low . . .