Multi-XY control panels

From: Steve P. <projektzwo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 14:47:34 EDT

 Speaking of multi-XY control panels, here's a pic or two of my work in
progress. It's for my Space Duel upright that I am running Black Widow,
Gravitar, Tempest, and if I can ever find a working PCB, Major Havoc out of.
No real consideration was made for 2 player Space Duel or even a player 2 -
although I will probably add a player 2 start button at some point (need a
larger drill bit). My main concern was having a single control panel on
the game for when *I* am playing it and also to add the spinner for Tempest.
I have factory Atari control panels for the other games that I can swap on
if I have company and want to make the game look nice with factory artwork
and whatnot.

 As it sits now, I've just finished mounting the controls. The wiring is
next. Once that's done, I'll strip the CPO, bondo up the holes that I no
longer need, and probably throw on a black overlay.

http://set-in-led.0catch.com/images/sd-multi1.jpg
http://set-in-led.0catch.com/images/sd-multi2.jpg

 Anyone else care to share pics of their setup?

-Steve P.