Re: WTB a damned 137179 vector generator IC!!

From: Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. <vector_at_hawkmountain.net>
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 19:16:25 EDT

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 12:50, Phil Morris wrote:
> >Some friends yesterday wanted to play to star wars. After a couple of
> >hours its vector generator ic (137179-001) decided to die...
> >
> >So, as email sbject says, i'm looking for another one.....
> >:-(
>
> Mark Haysman (in the UK) does a replacement:
>
> http://www.leopardcats.com/gatearray/gatearray.htm

hmm... visually comaring this to Clay's I see almost all
the same chips, except it appears Clay's has a PAL, where
this one has two other TTL chips. It would seem odd for
a PAL to be used to replace two TTL chips.

Anyone compare these ? I need to get one or two (or more?)
of these AVG replacement daughterboards... and now that there
are two out there I'd like to know the differences between
them.... I like that this UK one uses all DIP TTL chips...
that way if something ever spiked it you wouldn't need any
special tools to repair it.

Anyone know of any differences (functionally, etc) ???

-- Curt