6502 Recompiled

From: Neil Bradley <nb_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 02:15:23 EDT

Serious geek alert -

I've completed the Z80 recompiler, and now I have a 6502 recompiler
extension to the same framework that I just got a complete instruction
cover for about 5 minutes ago. This is a recompilation of Asteroids.
Please skip down to the exec( section of it (past the ROM images):

http://www.synthcom.com/~nb/asteroids.c.optimized
http://www.synthcom.com/~nb/asteroids.c.unoptimized

Some notes:

1) This is not debugged - it's just compiling at the moment
2) There are many bugs in it currently
3) There is no reason this couldn't be applied to ANY 6502 based game
(including Tempest! ;-))

Anyway, have a look, and let me know what you think!

-->Neil