RE: 6502 Recompiled

From: Sean McLachlan <sean_at_lithoflexo.com>
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 16:44:27 EDT

On Friday, October 15, 2004 9:47 AM, owner-vectorlist@vectorlist.org <>
sprang to life and wrote:

> The code has been translated to C, and C is compilable on a LOT of
> processor targets. Does that help?

It does, thank you for taking the time. Thanks to you too, Graham.

Let me see if I have the right vision of what you are doing. You have a
6502 recompiler that can take apart the original Asteroids game code and
turn that code into C. You optimize that a bit, and then can burn that onto
ROM's. Put the ROM's on a board with some newer processor (ARM or 68000
maybe) and some modern RAM. That setup will be functionally identical to
the old Asteroids board, giving the same output ready to be fed to the
Vector Generator. Or does this cover the VG too?

Are you looking to completely replace the old board with a new authentic,
not emulated, one?

Sean McLachlan Salt Lake City, Utah
rgvac@classi-find.net Video Game N00b since 2/2001