Re: Singin' the G08 blues. Blown deflection transistors.

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_rcn.com>
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 18:21:50 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean McLachlan" <sean@lithoflexo.com>
To: <vectorlist@vectorlist.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 2:33 PM
Subject: RE: VECTOR: Singin' the G08 blues. Blown deflection transistors.

> >> And since I am on the subject, the G08 FAQ lists incorrect parts for
> >> the Horizontal and Vertical current limiter boards. Instead of 2
> >> 2N3904's, it should have one 2N3904 (NPN) and one 2N3906 (PNP).
> >
> > Hmm, my copy shows those correctly:
> > Q201; Q251 2N3904 Current Limiting Board
> > Q202; Q252 2N3906 Current Limiting Board
>
> Sorry, should have been specific. It's in Appendix C, Current Limiter
board
> Parts list. The other parts of the FAQ are correct.

Ah, I see. I believe that may be the actual parts list from the monitor
manual specified, which I believe was preliminary. I believe the the
current limiting boards were both changed to the current part list in later
versions, and hacked on the earlier versions to use the 2N3906. Speculation
mostly...Tom added that table, so I don't vouch for that part ;-)

--
Mark Jenison