Re: Asteroids cheat (again)

From: Scott Brasington <arcade_at_brasington.org>
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 15:49:25 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean McLachlan" <sean@lithoflexo.com>
To: <vectorlist@vectorlist.org>
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 3:07 PM
Subject: RE: VECTOR: Asteroids cheat (again)

> >> I had also heard that the UFO's were made more difficult in the
> >> latter ROM version, to stop the UFO hunters. I guess that's not
> >> true either. I have the later ROMs in my upright, and those UFO's
> >> can pick me off at will.
> >>

> > That is yet another version. They offered this 'fix' for both rev1
> > and rev2.
>
> Thanks for the info,Scott.
>
> So what was the fix, and more importantly, how can I unfix mine?

Atari released new code rom modifications (both rev1 and rev2) that
supposedly made it harder to "hunt". The release note is described
in the link below. This release note was in .pdf form on DLH's DVD
I believe. I converted it to .jpg for easier viewing.

http://www.brasington.org/arcade/hs2/asteroids/astrev2a.jpg

I'm in the process of updating my asteroids high score save kit to have
the option to select this version of code and in the process of adding some
other features to my asteroids high score kit as well, but with it being holiday
season, I'm not really allocating any time to my arcade hobby until next year.