Re: Any interest in Cosmic Chasm sideart?

From: A Maclean <amremote_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 15:36:41 EST

Hi All,

I have been out of circulation for couple of months due to the pressures of
finishing off a brand new game for Sony’s forthcoming PSP handheld. Many
80+ hr weeks just made any personal life disappear for past few months !

However, I can chip in here. As many may know I can produce CPO's and full
side art to the highest standards possible even on small runs - just search
back through RGVAC to earlier this year and before for a good supporting
comments. I am willing to do this so long as people appreciate the time it
takes and the costs involved, not helped by the exchange rate at the moment.

What usually prevents me doing more major art projects is the sheer scale of
the work ( I dont use vectorising, I reproduce the exact original bitmap
image at between 300-600 DPI) and the intensive amount of work it takes to
get the art from scans into a final production run. I can easily spend 50+
hrs on this alone. Theres a fair bit more to making a CPO than most
realise, everything from the original scans, editing, refinement, art repair
if needed, precise colour matching, numerous test runs, matching the
reflectivity and feel of the original, etc etc etc and then only to sell 10
copies.

However, if folks have some already partially processed art/scans I can turn
them around quicker. SO if the CC CPO art exists in some electronic form I
can make a small batch of professional quality CPO's. ( The SA would be
possible too, but I'd need a week off ! )

Perhaps next time I am in states (2nd week Jan at moment), I can visit a CC
owner and do the necessary preparation and scans to enable this to happen -
one day. But CPO's would be relatively easy over xmas, or possibly feb.

What are peoples thoughts on this ? If you can help with origination of the
art please feel free to get in touch.

Cheers

Archer Maclean.