Re: Go5/801 probs (Asteroids)

From: David Pinckney <pinx.32_at_virgin.net>
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 04:33:30 EST

Yes i did check all cables, i'm pretty sure its a deflection board problem,
somebody gave me a link to Go5 faq's and it says that in x y circuits some
transistors can meter good but in fact be bad, so it might pay me just to
shotgun all the transistors on the deflection pcb, i know this way i wont
find out exactly which thing was to fault, but if it works at least the
deflection pcb will have more of a chance of being reliable, after having a
whole load of components replaced, or is this just wishfull thinking, lol,
as i get mixed stories from other vector owners, some say its a bitch
keeping them alive, others say they never have any problems and that its
just a myth that they are unreliable.....

Pinx