Re: Go5/801 probs (Asteroids)

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 12:49:10 EST

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

> I wouldn't worry about that, it isn't at all common for that to happen. I
> would read the FAQ again though. Maybe a few times.

Haveing just re-checked the FAQ myself, which states this IS common :-) let
me clarify.

I would guess that this notation is because it has happened more than once.
However, I do not think this is a justification for changeing all
transistors, as there are other tests you can use. The voltage analysis will
be one way of checking this. The fact, again, that both directions went out
instead of just one is another indication the the whole Y signal is blocked,
not just a single transistor.