FS: Nice BLACK WIDOW in So. CA.

From: Steven Winslow <winslow_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 03:36:26 EST

Hi !

Tonight I just about finished my Black Widow project that has been on-going
for too, too long. When I bought the game it was missing the WG6100 but
the game was playing blind.

I have just finished rebuilding a WG6100 with a Zanen rebuild kit including
all the extra recommended parts. I've also installed an LV2000 low voltage
power supply. The tube is a brand new Richardson Electronics tube. NO
SCREEN BURN! Covergence/Purity adjustments have been locked in and the
monitor looks great! It will run reliably for years to come. Burn in
testing will be commencing in the next few days but it has been running for
hours tonight. No cover for the HV box.

The Audio/Regulator has been recapped, new regulators and power transistor
installed. The unit has been properly adjusted for a good 5V on the game PCB.

The glass marquee is pretty nice and I just installed a new starter and
flourescent tube.

New leveling feet have been installed and the game is stable and level.

The cabinet is in decent condition and very solid. Sideart is good with a
few stray scratches revealing Gravitar artwork underneath. The back door
was missing but a wooden replacement will be included. A very little bit of
swelling along the back edge of the cabinet and on the piece of wood just
above the back door. This wood also has a chunk out of it where someone
ripped the back door off and broke the upper piece. (Not me). T-molding
could use replacing - I don't think I have any of the proper smooth black...

Control panel is currently all original and the CPO is pretty decent but
has a few cigarette burns and looks 22 years old. My intention is to
install a reproduction CPO and new joystick centering grommets.

A new 8ohm 6 X 9 speaker was installed in the lower position. The original
was dead. Audio sounds great!

Coin door is complete and functioning but the game is currently in
free-play mode. No Locks.

Game can be inspected/picked up in Valencia, CA (near Magic Mountain) or it
can be shipped to your door by North American Van Lines anywhere in the
continental USA for approx. $325.00 COD.

I'd like to get $700.00 for the game without the CPO or centering grommets.
Will be asking $750.00 after that work is done... Open to best
offers/trades for other games (vector or not) from that era (early 80's) or
early solid state Williams Pinballs...

Please email me directly for inquiries. Pictures will be available but
haven't been taken yet. If no takers than off to EBAY it will go... Thanks

Steve Winslow
Retrogameconnection