Re: Asteroids sound..

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 17:39:23 EST

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 21:36:58 -0000, you wrote:

>is a LM383 or LM383T a suitable replacement for the TDA2002A on the
>Audio reg (AR1) pcb ?

        Juging by the pinouts and specifications on thier respective data
sheets, I see no obvious reason why the one couldn't substitute for the
other... although I think you'd need the LM383A version to be a proper
match, since the non-"A" version doesn't have the overvoltage protection
that the TDA2002A has. LM383 is a pretty old chip, though -- at least as
old as the TDA2002A, if not older! -- and long obsolete, so unless you just
happen to have some lying around, I doubt it'll be any easier to get your
hands on...

        NTE _does_ have a replacement device for the TDA2002A, though --
namely, the NTE1232. Mouser Electronics (www.mouser.com) has the NTE1232
part in stock for $6.45 apiece. You can also still get the TDA2002 from
Mat Electronics (www.matelectronics.com) for $1.80 each, but they have a
$25.00 minimum order.
Scientists decode the first confirmed alien transmission from outer space...

"This really works! Just send 5*10^50 atoms of hydrogen to each of the five
 star systems listed below. Then, add your own system to the top of the list,
 delete the system at the bottom, and send out copies of this message to 100
 other solar systems. If you follow these instructions, within 0.25 of a
 galactic rotation you are guaranteed to recieve enough hydrogen in return to
 power your civilization until entropy reaches its maximum!"