Re: two new Vectrex games

From: Neil Bradley <nb_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Thu Jan 20 2005 - 16:50:59 EST

>> Not widely known platformss or too limited. I'd much rahter have a 6809
>> driving a vector display than a 6502, which is pretty much what vector
>> hardware is. ;-)
> Star Wars hardware? :) Curious, what's the problem with a 6502 for a vector
> hardware platform from today's coding standpoint?

Programming the 6502 is not fun when you've programmed the 6809. And
programming a 6809 is no fun when you've programmed a 68K or an ARM. It's
all relative. ;-) But in my opinon the 6502 is far worse than any chip
I've ever programmed. Even the 8051.

Plus, to be honest, the days of programmers with the ability to cram
cool/good/extensive functionality into tiny architectures like this are
long gone. Unless they have megabytes of free memory and a full on
operating system and debuggers available for free, they're not interested.
Kinda sad.

-->Neil