Re: two new Vectrex games

From: Neil Bradley <nb_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Thu Jan 20 2005 - 16:59:12 EST

>> gone. Unless they have megabytes of free memory and a full on operating system
>> and debuggers available for free, they're not interested. Kinda sad.
> That's not really true, they've just moved to writeing microcontroller code
> and other embeded apps. And retro-games.

Even so, there are fewer and fewer people with that ability. And
"microcontrollers" these days are getting stronger and stronger. Even
simple 8 bit AVRs are significantly more powerful than CPUs of yesterday.

I've been doing embedded systems professionally for a bit over 15 years.
There are orders of magnitude more app developers than there are decent
embedded systems developers. I'm faced with hiring a few now for some
tasks, and finding qualified people is a scary prospect.

-->Neil