Re: VECTOR:

From: Colin Davies <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 18:19:33 EST

Hi,

No... I've not checked the Z signal ( presumably from the game pcb ?) .... I
havent had a scope near the machine as I was working in very limited light
and space :-)

At the time when I was looking at this problem, I unplugged the game pcb and
powered the machine up.. I still had the glowing blob in the middle of the
screen and the spot killer led was illuminated...I had mentioned that I had
swapped the deflection board over, as has Anthony, and we still have the
same problem.... ( Maybe its quite common ?)

So I'm presuming that either we have a problem with the HV unit or that the
Monitor Tube's are worn out.... I've no other units to substitute (this is
my only vector game) , but can replace some parts on the HV given some time.
I'm not in a position to work on the machine at the moment, but when I do
and *if* I cure the problem, I will report back, as I hope will Anthony.

Thanks, Regards,
Colin