Amplifone repair

From: <MFISHER_at_atg.state.in.us>
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 13:02:07 EST

Would anyone be willing to diagnose/repair my Amplifone boards, or know of
someone who would? What I'm looking for is either a rebuild and test or a
diagnosis (i.e., the high-voltage board is beyond salvage so I would know
that I need to buy a new one from Arcadeshop). Mine has a Penn Trans
transformer on it, so I am hopeful that that part, at least, is still good.
I would be willing to a pay for the cap kit and all necessary parts, plus
time, of course. I don't really have the tools (OK, I don't have the
expertise, either!), so someone who knows how to do this can possibly make a
few quick bucks. Let me know. Thanks.

P.S. As an aside, as a relative newcomer to this hobby, I am impressed with,
and grateful for, the level of help and advice I have received from the
members of this list. Based on replies to my queries here, I was able to
isolate the problem on my Asteroids board and find the supposedly
hard-to-locate part I needed. I apologize that I have not been able to give
back to date, but the learning curve is pretty steep for a person who last
took Physics in college almost twenty years ago (yikes!). As a final (and
refreshing) observation, everyone is courteous and polite, in stark contrast
to some places on the internet I can think of.

Matthew D. Fisher
Deputy Attorney General, Indiana
Criminal Appeals Section
(317) 233-2041