Re: Cinematronics on a oscilloscope

From: <vernimark\_at_libero\.it>
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 06:53:01 EST

Yes, you need a DAC.
I bought a cine monitor main board on ebay, then I isolated the HV circuit (!) and connect the game PCB to the monitor pcb with a flat cable.
Referring to Rip Off manual on my site:
http://www.vernimark.com/arcade/archive/pdf/ripoff_manual.pdf
page 77 (monitor schematic)
X and Y signals of my scope are connected to the output of R109 and R209, just before amplification circuit: I supposed to see a clear image.

With my ATARI pcbs I see a very clear image connecting probes directly to XY outputs...

Please tell me if something I did was wrong ;-)

vernimark