RE: Ballblazer Carts...

From: James R. Twine <jtwine_at_jrtwine.com>
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 09:54:30 EST

   Anybody got a solder pot (and 5lbs of solder :) they want to
give/loan me? It makes pretty short work of desoldering the chips
'cause you can dip the pins into it to quickly melt the solder on them
all at once. Keep a grip on the chip and on the cartridge and pull 'em
apart...

   Another way, although not at neat and a little dangerous, is to try
to break the PCB right at the centerline of where the pins are. This
often leaves solder and small parts of the PCB and/or traces attached to
the chip's pins, but you can then heat up each pin and give it a quick
bump to knock the stuff off.

   (Ahhh... the things you do to get at a chip off a scrap board when
you are young, poor, and only have a 30 watt soldering iron!)

   Peace!

[Get Delete FXP Files Now! http://www.deletefxpfiles.com]
-=- James R. Twine, (spam@jrtwine.com)