Design flaw found in Kurz Kasch 309C card - Cinematronics exerciser

From: Matthew Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 05:07:44 EST

I don't know if anyone else uses this to troubleshoot their cinematronics
cpu's, but I noticed there's something wrong with them. If you look
underneath connectors P1 and P3, pin 8 is connected to ground on them.
Someone must have been thinking those pins were for an IC. Having those
pins grounded causes you to have problems in certain areas of the circuit
board, so I recommend you cut them. I wonder if Kurz Kasch ever sent out
a service note about this?

http://rossiters.com/cinematronics/Kurz-Kasch-309C.jpg
http://rossiters.com/cinematronics/kk-Cinematronics-1.jpg

I also know that the audio board tester doesn't work really well. I'm
sure there's a flaw there as well. So I'll check that out and post the
fix.

Matt