Re: Starwars Main PCB Problem

From: Colin Davies <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 15:05:06 EDT

Thanks Joel and Peter, Thats made it a lot better (swapped from a working
set to test)

Initially there was a problem with the walkers, changing hight, and
sometimes the tie fighters went flat....The Starfield also went a bit
jittery too....

As the board warmed up for a few minutes... most of the problems have fixed
themselves, so I'm hoping that a set of new IC sockets on the proms may
solve this.... (and hopefully saved me a lot of time and cursing !!) If
not, I'll start rebuilding the mathsbox circuity, which hopefully will solve
it.

It's strange that a bad mathbox will pass the software diagnostics tests ???

Many thanks, Regards, Colin