Re: SW monitor prob...

From: Thad Seeberger <maddthad_at_jlab.org>
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 16:15:48 EDT

Is the image focused? if its focused (DURING BLOOM) you have XY drive
problem. Check the focus block you could have something leaky make sure
there is no corona. When measuring the HV is it ok while blooming
(loaded) or with no drive. If its fluctuating there is a problem with
the regulator. If its bllooming because of HV drop you will loose focus
also since the focus is just a divider of the HV. Make sure there is no
DC offset on XY input. I havent been following this thread so you might
have already checked but I cant think of what else would make it bloom
other than a CRT with low emision, is the heater got 6.3V on it? and all
the connections good on the socket such as cathode, heater, focus etc.
It definately sounds like a regulation problem. I would buy the
repacement HV kit from arcadeshop. I've installed a few of them and I
think they are well worth it.

Thad