Re: WG6100 HVU cage necessary?

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 12:52:08 EDT

On Tue, 10 May 2005 Electronicamuse@aol.com wrote:

> modded for plug n play, no need to hack the harness from an original. So
> I wonder if the Wells needs the cage. Amplifone doesn't use a cage, so I

Actually, stock they did come with a cage, Later ones might not have, but
I've seen the cage in the manual

> was wondering. If it does need a cage, or if using a cage is just a good
> idea, can somebody confirm that aluminum is the proper material. I just
> to make sure before taking the part to the machine shop for pricing.

It's a good idea, when my Tempest didn't have a cage there was definate
distortion on the monitor. The Ampliphone may do OK without it since the
boar dis further away from the tube.

In any case, someone here was makeing them by I think just bending the metal
screening sold in hardware stores for radiator grill covers.