Re: FS: ZVG's are back in stock and on sale.

From: Zonn <mlists_at_zonn.com>
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 15:04:37 EDT

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:10:39 +1200, "matt" <galaga@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

>hey zonn can i get more off by not geting a power supply and shiping??? as
>i'v got 240v here and dont need or wont one???
>
>sorry for posting :>
>thanks matt

Hi Matt,

We get a number of request for this, so I'll answer it here.

Unfortunately the cost of the ZVG's power supply has little effect on the price.
We pay something like $2 ~ $3 for these. They weigh .65 pounds, which isn't
usually enough to affect shipping charges much, if any (the shipping charges are
pretty consistent below 5 pounds).

The price of the ZVG is mostly determined by the costs of getting PCBs made in
low quantity, and the prices charged by our assembly house to assemble these in
low qty. If we left out *all* the ZVG parts (excluding the PCB) the labor costs
would still force us to charge something like $150.

At $199, we've already trimmed off as much as we can and still sell ZVGs.

When compared to the price and complexity of the available multigames, and that
of a high end video card, $199 ain't bad. Get 'em while they still on sale! ;-)

We can leave the power supply out and see if it affects the shipping costs, and
take off a couple of dollars from the price, but it's not going to make much
difference.

It should also be noted that the power supply is not a regular DC wall wart. The
ZVG need 18 VAC, a standard DC power supply does not work.

-Zonn

(Now if you want to buy these in Qty 100-1000s, we can get you some real good
deals! ;-)