Re: FS: ZVG's are back in stock and on sale.

From: Zonn <mlists_at_zonn.com>
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 15:59:59 EDT

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:31:17 -0400, "The Tower Family" <tower@gis.net> wrote:

>I agree on the price, just wish I wasn't in the middle of a costly Twilight
>Zone pinball restoration.
>
>What is the word on reliability of the ZVG? Any of them failing?

So far we've never had a return on a failed ZVG!

There was a case where one of the surface mount electrolytic capacitor was
knocked off, but was soldered back on by the owner. And a case where one was
knocked of in shipment.

These tall capacitors are probably the most fragile thing on the ZVG. In
retrospect I would probably make them through hole parts if I were to redesign
the board (I'd put a USB port on it as well! Don't ask, it ain't gonna
happen!). But still, two cases is not bad...

But even cooler is I have yet to find a bug in the fairly complicated firmware
that drives the ZVG. I went through a lot of trouble making the ZVG firmware
upgradable, but so far there's been no need for it. (Fingers crossed)

-Zonn