Re: Re[2]: amplifone HVU plug-n-play cloer to production

From: <Electronicamuse_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 19:17:48 EDT

In a message dated 8/4/2005 6:56:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
highwayman2000@mail.ru writes:

Btw, what transformer does it use?
i suspect if it fails it will only cost $20 to replace unlike the originals.

It uses a raster flyback that we get from MCM. Something like $8, I think.
I think that the most expensive part, besides the PCB, is $8 (flyback), then
one tranny is like $5-$6. These things were run in a closed up game with no
fan for ventilation and kept running 24/7 for a few summer months with no
problems, so I am sure they'll run for years and years. Only downside is that
if you play with the B+ and crank it too far, one tranny fails, but only
takes that part out and doesn't seem to kill anything else.

Dave

+++++Ask me about Retrocade 30-in-1 MultiPac kits for Midway Pac Man and Ms
Pac Man boards and same kit already attached to a new JAMMA PCB. Also we now
have purchased the rights to WG6100 (Tempest, etc) new deflection boards and
HVU boards. Also HVU boards for Amplifone (Star Wars). These are version 2
with no extra wiring or mods necessary. Ask about Star Wars overlays and new
cabinets for Midway cocktail, upright, mini, Dragon's Lair, Williams, Golden
Tee Fore, and Ultra-MAME++++