RE: Re[2]: black widow pcb problem no play no picture clock working

From: Alex Yeckley <ayeckley_at_elektronforge.com>
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 09:02:57 EDT

> does it use the 40pin custom-chip to generate the vectors?
> if it does then swap it with one of those other boards.
> it's the only way to test it, it's too complex to try to fault-find.

Not on Black Widow, it's done in glue-logic and on four ALUs. If it's a
state-machine problem, we generally break out the logic analyzer at that
point. For those who may not be aware, a logic analyzer is not the same as
a logic probe. Have you verified that the vector ROMs (not just program
ROMs) are OK - that can mask as a state machine problem sometimes...

Alex

----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com
www.elektronforge.com