Re: Top Gunner now in MAME

From: tom mcclintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 08:25:48 EDT

I'll go you one better.

http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/vertigo/top_gunner.html
http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/vertigo/topgunner_roms.zip
http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/vertigo/Vertigo_manual.pdf

and the coup de grace:
http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/vertigo/vertigo.html

For those that haven't tried it out yet, the game is pretty much unplayable
without an analog yoke. That being said, there *are* sounds, but only David
and Al Kossow (or perhaps just David ;) have heard the real game to know
what's what. No one has dug up a Vertigo boardset to my knowledge, although
Al recalls a complete cockpit at a California distributor within the past
ten years... I think Matt (gamefixer?) who posts on RGVAC worked on several
and one of Scott Evan's distributor/operator friends has/had lots of parts
for Vertigo, but no boards.

And I guess thanks should go to Frank P. for starting the driver :)

tm