OT: Wireless RS-232 Devices

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Mon Sep 26 2005 - 13:55:08 EDT

This might be a little off topic, but I'm always trying to think of ways to eliminate unessary cables, computers, and junk from my test bench. Hence making it a little cleaner around the house.
I'm mainly interested in having a wireless connection to my DATA I/O 29B Eprom Programmer and my Fluke 9010a troubleshooter. I've been looking around and it seems like there's alot of bluetooth and USB wireless devices out there for RS-232. Maybe a little bit too pricey though when I could just put the serial cable back in the drawer when I'm done. :) Has anyone tried doing this?

Matt