silly Asteroids hack

From: Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Oct 25 2005 - 23:29:06 EDT

Someone on the newsgroup asked for it, so although I was going to post a
"probably pretty tough to do" message I ended up looking into it a bit and
it turned out to only be about a 30 minute problem. ;-)

Anyway, just something fun to mess with-- if anyone tries it on real
hardware please let me know how it behaves. It seems fine in MAME which is
all the more testing I did.

I'm thinking of making a special version for a contest (or something) at
Ground Kontrol. Change the scoring to a timer and you try to blast through
the first four waves as fast as possible. Lowest time wins...

So, try it if you like. IIRC, only the 035144 and 035145 ROMs are altered.
It plays on the MAME "asteroid" driver.

http://www.multigame.com/six_bullet_hack.zip

-Clay