Re: G05-802

From: utahtaper <utahtaper_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 01:21:46 EST

Here's an update to my G05-802 repair. The original post is to the bottom of
this page.
I found that if I ran less than 6 TIS98's out of the 10(using MPSA06's for
the other 4) originally needed it would not run. Does anyone know why this
was the case? I am not an expert on these and I'm still learning so if
anyone would know why please tell.
Since I had one board with 10 original TIS98's I needed 2 more total to be
able to run 6 on each board. After finding two more TIS98's, both boards are
up and running.
On a side note. I have seen 3 G05-802 chassis that have TPS98's on them and
they are installed backwards, that is if you go by the printed schematics on
the board itself showing the flat side of the transistor. Is that the way
they are supposed to be installed? Why is this the case?
Each of the three boards came from different people and did not appear to
have ever been removed.
Thanks for all the help and emails!