Re: How rare is early Asteroids board marked "Asteroid"?

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 04:06:59 EST

Long before Asteroids there was a B&W raster game (modified TV set)
called Asteroid put out by Midway. It was similar to another game
called Space Race. If that's what it is you'll see one or two groups of
diodes that are used as primitive ROMs to draw the spaceships. The one
I had had all the chips in extremely intermittent sockets. Took two
people to play it, one on each joystick (joysticks let you make your
rocket go either up or down). There were "asteroids" (like the
background of Galaxian) crossing the screen horizontally in both
directions. You got one point each time you managed to get from the
bottom to the top of the screen without getting hit by an "asteroid".

Was fun when you could get the sockets to work.

Anywho, if this is what you have there won't be any DACs, just a LOT of
7400 series TTL logic.