ZVG: vm_menu question

From: Louis Srianomai <louisurfer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 01:16:57 EST

Hi all,

Well a year plus, since I bought the ZVG, and slowly acquired all the parts,
getting the monitor working, I finally got this thing up and running.

Quick Question on the VM_MENU: Anyone know how to get out of the MFG's menu
once you've selected one? Example, Once I select Atari, I don't know how to
get back out to select sega games...

My configuration:
400 mhz Pentium 3, Soundblaster 16, 320 x 200 seems to work w/o flicker
win 98 (startup in DOS mode) using the provided DOS/VMAME programs
Wells 6100
Gravitar Cabinet using a Gravitar control Panel - J-Pac interface
I will add a tempest spinner using the optic-pac later
Menu System is Ian Boffins Vector MAME.

Some things left to do:

I plan on using the Atari speakers so I'll be running an automobile audio amp
from the sound card.

I plan on using a tempest spinner on the gravitar control panel. It seems to
have enough space to the right side to add one.

To power both of the above, I'll be adding a switcher to provide the +12 for
the audio amp and +5 for the trackball. Later, I'll figure out the lighted LED
start buttons.

I don't plan on adding joysticks, trackball, or flight yoke (I already have
those dedicated atari games), my whole sole purpose in the ZVG was to add sega
and cinematronics games whose cabs (and monitors) I don't care to own.

Anyone else run a VGA monitor concurrently (like on the side or on top of the
cabinet, in case you somehow get stuck or exit out the the menu? I find it's
easy to inadvertantly exit to the prompt when you hit p1/p2 to get out of
games.

The goal would be to get this running "self contained" It would be nice not to
have to rely on a keyboard and VGA monitor.