Re: ZVG: vm_menu question

From: Nicholas Sprankle <nicholassprankle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 13:15:38 EST

> > Anyone else run a VGA monitor concurrently (like on the side or on
> > top of the
> > cabinet, in case you somehow get stuck or exit out the the menu? I
> > find it's
> > easy to inadvertantly exit to the prompt when you hit p1/p2 to get
> > out of
> > games.
>
> I don't normally bother with a VGA monitor anymore, now that I have
> all the games configured how I want them. I always have a keyboard
> handy though, just in case I exit accidentally.
>
> In retrospect I should have made the menu exit option a little more
> tricky to activate.

I've only used a VGA monitor for the initial setup,but I also keep a
keyboard handy. Its easy enough to just reboot when i screw up. What I did
do though was put all of the stuff like game selection, and escaping and
whatnot on the service panel inside the coin door. That way you're only
getting out if you want to.

Mine will be done once i tidy up the harness, get some kind of amp in there,
and get the start buttons lit. I'll have to get some pics put up sice
everyone seems to be coming put with theirs..

Later,
Nick Sprankle