RE: Star Trek side art

From: <eyeamnomad_at_excite.com>
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 00:07:16 EST

Ah, I see now. Thanks, Al, for the flyer pic. I didn't know what other games were converted to Star Trek. I knew it couldn't be Asteroids, because that cabinet has that angle in the back and the art is straight up-and-down on the side closest to the back. Has anyone ever seen a Tempest converted to a Star Trek? Not me.
Chris, if you need it, just say so and it's yours. Good thing I didn't throw the shipping tube away yet!
So I guess I'll try a switcher. Can anyone recommend one that I could easily get from a retail chain like Comp USA or somewhere? I'd rather not order one -- I'm too damned impatient. Anyway, I haven't even seen this machine I'm buying (another WONderful eBay deal -- item # 6228523630, if you're curious), so it may be missing more than just the P/S. Once I get it home I'm sure I'll be pinging you all for more help.
And as long as I'm rambling, I'm considering using the cab (Asteroids) and monitor to build a vector multigame, via vectormame and a zektor zvg. The nice thing about it is that the Asteroids cab has a fairly large control panel to put plenty of controls on. I haven't decided on the control layout yet, but what I was wondering is how I can put a Star Wars flight yoke on it and where I can even get one without actually getting a Star Wars cabinet? Is there something I can substitute it with? Has anyone tried this?
Also, would I need -12V or +12V for a vectormame/zvg machine? The monitor only needs the +/-5V, correct? And what about the marquee and the fan?
I better quit before I think of any more questions.
-- Scott