Re[2]: Help with amplifone

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 19:07:17 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: "Hendrix, Jeff" <Jeff_Hendrix@maxtor.com>
To: <vectorlist@vectorlist.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 15:58:17 -0700
Subject: RE: VECTOR: Help with amplifone

> I believe it's only the G08 that can't be run without the yoke. The WG /
> Amplfone monitors don't have that problem.

maybe - maybe-not,
i would still recomend using a dummy load such as a 60w lamp just for safety.
besides, what would it show or prove running it without a load, it's unlikely to help you find the fault.

if it has a shorted transister a lamp may help spot it because it would be at a more constant brightness than if it was recieving a varying signal.