FS: Cinematronics Space Wars

From: Total Impulse <totalimpulse_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun Feb 19 2006 - 19:45:16 EST

Please excuse the forsale post. I figured this thing is uncommon enough
to warrant the intrusion.

A good friend of mine has a Cinematronics Space Wars that he needs to
sell. It's currently located in St. Francis, MN (north side of Twin
Cities). He would hope not to ship it, but it could be done if
necessary. If anyone might be interested, please email me directly. I
have a couple photos of it that I can send to you upon request. If you
have serious interest, I'll put you in direct contact with my friend.
I thought that I'd pass it by the "vector-heads" first. Otherwise,
it'll end up on ebay in a week or two. At this point, he's willing to
entertain any reasonable offer on the selling price. I've told him that
people have paid $50 for these things, and they've paid $1000, so who knows.

This is the extra wide cabinet with the white sides and "Space Wars" in
blue. It's sold strictly "as-is" in a "working" but unrestored
condition. Cosmetic condition is very good. Game works, coins up, and
plays. All buttons work. All game modes appear to work. The monitor
works. There is NO sound. I don't know if this is due to something
simple like speaker, wiring, or volume pot (does it have a volume pot?),
or if it's due to a sound board issue. (I'm strictly an Atari
vector-head, so I hesitate to conjecture about this beastie.) Coin
mechs and coin box are there. There's even some Cinematronics
literature lying inside.

He has not done any restoration to it (in classic car terms, this is a
"survivor"). It has been in dry, temperature-controlled storage since
he acquired it a little over a year ago.

Thanks for your time,

Alan

--
Total Impulse - Arcade Game Restoration and Repair
Alan Estenson, Maple Grove, MN