Re: Atari power blocks

From: Joseph Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Fri Mar 03 2006 - 08:27:22 EST

Fom personal experience, it may not be "plug-n-play" though. This past fall, I had an Asteroids Deluxe power block go out and I tried replacing it with an Asteroids power block. When I went to plug the wiring harness back in, it was pin-incompatible. i.e., some of the pins were reversed (male/female) from the previous block, and hence wouldn't accept the wiring harness plugs. I didn't go through and check the voltages via the schematics, so it might be voltage compatible. But there's a chance it could require some wiring modifications.

Joe