Re: 6100 HV transformer in an Amplifone HV PCB

From: simon hanlon <simonjhanlon_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 17:06:52 EST

Yeah will do John, the later 6100 had over voltage protection similar to the
Amplifones, the wire that goes to Gnd from the focus block instead goes to
the base of a 3904 so I will make sure that is connected the same way. I
have to drill some holes in the Amp PCB to fit the Transformer and run some
wire links. The focus block fits in place of the old Amp one. I will also
measure the HV with and without the MCI can. The 6100 HV transformer has a
few windings that aren't used....looks like a Raster flyback to me, didn't
the Disco use this Transformer?
I have just fitted a 25" Crt to my SW so don't worry, there is no way I am
going to ruin that by being careless!