RE: SW Death Star Blooming

From: James R. Twine <jtwine_at_jrtwine.com>
Date: Wed Mar 29 2006 - 11:02:05 EST

> From: Christopher X. Candreva [mailto:chris@westnet.com]
>
> Actually as I recall, this was on purpose. In the death start
> explosion the HV is lowered to defocus the display, to add
> to the explosion effect.
>
> Now this could be a case of saying "It's not a bug, it's a feature !".

   I think that last part is right. I bet that the monitor simply not
handle that kind of intensity and/or Left-Right/Top-Bottom drawing
without freaking out, and the powers-that-be said: Hey, cool effect -
leave it like that! :)

   I do not think there is any circuit on the monitor connected to the
board that is designed to drop the HV on command... Right?

   Peace!

-=- James R. Twine, (spam@jrtwine.com)
http://www.jrtwine.com
http://www.deletefxpfiles.com