Re: WG 6100 replacement deflection jitters

From: <Electronicamuse_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat Apr 15 2006 - 22:55:23 EDT

In a message dated 4/15/2006 1:25:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
zzarcade@yahoo.com writes:

yeah, they are pretty much junk.

Since they are so junky, anybody that wants to sell me some for cheap, LMK.
The main shaky problem was due to AS's insistence on using on-board Molex
connector, as opposed to that connector coming off of a 8" cable. Caused some
weird, unexpected interference and they never changed the design. If I ever
get off my rump and do the version 2 of the deflection boards, they will have
off-board connector and no shakes. I have a prototype brand new WG6100
using a Happ tube, modified yoke, new HVU and new deflection. No shakes dudes!
That product may become a reality one of these millennia, but I have to make
new neck boards and hand wind the yokes, yuck! Kinda cool to have a
functional proto, though.

Dave

+++++Ask me about Retrocade 30-in-1 MultiPac kits for Midway Pac Man and Ms
Pac Man boards and same kit already attached to a new JAMMA PCB. Also we now
have purchased the rights to WG6100 (Tempest, etc) new deflection boards and
HVU boards. Also HVU boards for Amplifone (Star Wars). These are version 2
with no extra wiring or mods necessary. Ask about Star Wars overlays and new
cabinets for Midway cocktail, upright, mini, Dragon's Lair, Williams, Golden
Tee Fore, and Ultra-MAME++++