Re: Williams Vector Game!

From: <kegowland_at_cableone.net>
Date: Wed May 17 2006 - 02:09:18 EDT
('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) I have a Predators:Eagle cabinet that was converted to a Ninth Inning baseball.  I can get some pix next week (it's in storage).  Back in 1999 or 2000 I tried to remove the black paint on one side, but it just did not want to cooperate.  The underlying artwork that I could make out seemed to be orange in color similar to the Blaster wooden cabinet color.  Unfortunately there was no other parts left in it.  Even the control panel overlays were removed prior to conversion.  Mine came from an Air Force base IIRC by way of Jim Overman at Gamemasters in Baton Rouge.  I'll add more if I can help.

Kirby Gowland

On Tue, 16 May 2006 01:36 , 'Dom Escott' <rav@retrokade.com> sent:

Hey troops!

Had an unbelievable day today! I just had a 30 minute conversation with
Mr John Newcomer, creator of Joust with regards to a proto game I found
- called Predators.

Get this: Not only was this game a 4 cab networked game, but it was also
a *vector* game and apparently designed by 3 programmers and a artist in
Seattle who worked for Boeing fulltime.

All I have so far pieced together is at:
http://www.retrokade.com/cabs/predators.htm

Naturally if anyone can confirm/knows anything else about this game
please please drop me a email - ravage@rtype.com!

Cheers
Rav