Re: ZVG (Zektor Card) Owners, DOS OS Question

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Wed May 17 2006 - 16:08:18 EDT

Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

>On Wed, 17 May 2006, Tom Cloud wrote:
>

>> I'm looking at DOS for sale on Ebay and was wondering if I should pick
>>up DOS 6.21, 6.22, Version 7, DOS 2000..... So many choices! or will the
>>simpler earlier versions work?
>>

>For $35 you can get a new cooy of Dr-Dos -
>http://www.drdos.com/products/drdos703.htm

Caldera (the current owners of DRDOS) have a version called OpenDOS,
available for free at http://www.drdos.net/ .
If you also need CDROM & mouse support from DOS you'll need a couple of
files from the MS-DOS 6.22 bootdisk available
from http://www.allbootdisks.com/ . The June issue of Linux Magazine
tells all about this and how to set it up.