RE: Discoloration on monitor after moving Space Duel upright

From: Hendrix, Jeff <Jeff_Hendrix_at_maxtor.com>
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 15:47:01 EDT

Tim,
        I use a bulk tape eraser to degauss monitors (you can get those
at radio shack).
Also, the WG 6100 monitors will self discharge after powering off (I
have never had a so much as the smallest pop when discharging those
monitors).
Now raster monitors hold their charge until you discharge them, and even
after that, they seem to build up a charge over time (I've been bit a
number of times working on Ms. Pac even after a discharge). The shock
hurts, but not as bad as the bump you get on your head/elbow when you
jump/jerk.