Re: Attention Space Fury owners

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_enteract.com>
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 21:12:49 EDT

The cocktail Space Fury thing makes a lot of sense. When I first got my
Space Fury cocktail, I converted it to an Eliminator cocktail. It's
possible that I just migrated those boards over to my upright.

Unfortunately, when I sold my Space Fury cocktail, I grabbed parts from my
upright and a spare cage to rebuild it back to Space Fury. So I think the
revision B speech roms are in the cocktail, with who-knows-what version of
the game eproms. Appeared to work fine at the time. Trying to contact the
buyer (I believe he reads this list: if you read this, please contact me!).

I've dumped the game eproms. I'll see if the CPU eprom matches the rev c or
rev a or if it is its own version. Matt, if you could dump the speech board
eproms and CPU eproms that would make a complete set.

* Strangely enough, it appears the speech roms are different from version to
version; wouldn't think that would be necessary...never had a problem
swapping between different sets, though I'm not sure I've ever had a Space
Fury set C boardset.

Anyway, I have it running in MAME already...however, when I go into test
mode, MAME crashes (same with set A, but I have an old version of MAME...I
should probably upgrade).

Also, I ran romcmp on the speech eproms for Space Fury A and C that I got
from www.ionpool.net and it looks like one of the 970's bits is stuck. Not
sure if that's how it supposed to be or if there is a real problem with
them?

Speaking of www.ionpool.net, I've been feeding Tom McClintock the Sega
Freeplay hacks that I've been finishing, so check there periodically in the
coming weeks.