Vector test monitor

From: Paul Maddern <paul_at_arcadegeek.co.uk>
Date: Mon Jun 19 2006 - 04:54:10 EDT

Hey all

A long while ago I bought an untested Marconi Instruments XY Display from
eBay (model TF2213A). Due to a lack of room it's remained untested for
about three years until yesterday when I thought I'd fire it up to see what
happens...

Well... It works... But it has problems... I was wondering if anyone
knows anything about these monitors and could perhaps give me some advice as
I'm unsure whether there are actually problems with it or whether it's just
not good/ fast enough to cope with a vector game signal (I tested it using
Asteroids). It exhibits a strange kind of behavior... You could make out
that it's displaying everything but nothing is quite right. For instance,
the text is displayed like joined up writing (which is quite fancy if a
little unreadable!) the rocks and everything else are displayed kind of
'wavey-like' as well and (I'm assuming) the z input doesn't appear to be
working but then I guess this could be down to the fact that nothing is
being displayed correctly anyway?

Any help would be very much appreciated thank you.

Pobster

-- ArcadeGeek.co.uk --